Super Bowl Black Bottom Stout Cupcakes by Ro Zinniger

One of the recipes in my cupcake
book available on Amazon

Each year Super Bowl parties get more competitive when it comes to bringing a dish to a party. Will guests like what I bring? I always am in angst when it comes to bringing something new. I can tell you this, if my husband gives me the two thumbs up, then it certainly is worthy. I have found great success with the following recipe, which I created several years ago, and find it complimentary to most Super Bowl food spreads. (Actually, I brought a few dozen to my high school charity fundraiser a couple years back, and made some new friends!) The key to this recipe is quality ingredients, namely a nice full bodied dark stout. I have used Guiness Stout, however recently I used Belching Beavers Peanut Butter Stout for a completely different flavor (can find it at a Sprouts). Another nice stout is a Double Chocolate Stout sold at Trader Joe's. Whichever you choose, you cannot go wrong! This recipe is also Vegan friendly as there are no eggs. Enjoy the recipe: 
Ingredients:

·        1 ½ C Cake Flour

·        1 C granulated sugar

·        1 tsp baking soda

·        ¼ C unsweetened dark Cocoa powder

·        1/3 C oil (light extra virgin olive oil is great)

·        1 T apple cider vinegar

·        1 tsp vanilla

·        1 C Guiness Stout or Chocolate Stout

Filling:

·        8 oz Mascarpone cheese

·        1 large egg at room temperature

·        1/3 C granulated sugar

·        1/8 t salt

·        6 oz. chocolate chips

·        ½ C finely chopped pecans – optional

Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Prepare cupcake pans with liners. Combine flour, sugar, baking soda, cocoa and salt in a bowl. In another mixing bowl, add oil, vinegar, beer and vanilla beating well. Add the dry combination slowly. Make Filling: Combine cheese, egg, sugar, salt, chocolate chips and nuts. Fill liners 1/3 full with batter, then top each with a heaping tsp of cheese mixture. Please note that the middle will be liquid until it cools – approximately 15 minutes.
Serve with a light whipped cream topping and candied pecan on top!

For more Gourmet Cupcake recipes from scratch, please buy my book at www.amazon.com or go to my website: http://www.rozsweetartstudio.com/recipes/ to purchase your autographed copy today!